Indian administration is guided by three the pillars – Legislature, Executives, and Judiciary. In India, we have an independent judicial system. The other pillar of the government cannot intervene with the function of the judiciary. Here, PLA provide you all the details or relevant facts about the structure and functions of the Judiciary.
Indian judiciary is known as the watchdog of democracy which is also called the guardian of Indian Constitution that illuminates the law, settles disputes and administers justice to all citizens.
Structure of Indian Judiciary:
India has a single integrated judicial system. The judiciary in India has a pyramidal structure such as -
1. The Supreme Court (SC) - placed at the topmost of the hierarchical position.
2. High Courts - in the regional level.
3. District Courts & Subordinate Courts - at the micro-level.
To commissioning of power and make use of the same for the people of India.
The functions of the judiciary in India:
- Administration of justice - The main role of the judiciary is to make applicable the law in specific cases/settling disputes.
- Creation of judge-case law - According to the doctrine of ‘stare decisis’, the antecedent decisions of judges are regarded as binding on later judges in same cases generally.
- Guardian of the Constitution - The disputes of jurisdiction between the legislature and the executive are decided by the Supreme Court.
- Protector of Fundamental Rights - The Supreme Court and High courts are the protectors of Fundamental Rights by issuing writs and also function to supervise the subordinate courts in India.
- Administrative functions - The courts also issue particular licenses, administer the property of deceased persons or appoint receivers, guardians for minor children and lunatics and register the marriages.
- Advisory functions - The Supreme Court also performs an advisory function.
- Special role in federation - Indian judiciary performs the important role of settling disputes between the centre and the states.
If you wish to become a part of Indian Judicial System then you have clear Indian Judiciary exam. It has two entry levels namely – Higher Judiciary and Lower Judiciary. Here, Pahuja Law Academy has come up with the complete exam preparation for the convenience of our aspirants. Wherein, we provide three options to our aspirants as –
1. Offline Coaching Program: Here law students can take exam specific small batch size (70 to 75 students) offline classes in well furnished-classroom with recorded lecturers for the same and provide exam oriented study material in hard copies to complete their entire course in 14 months duration.
2. Online – Daily Live Classes Program + Recorded Lectures: Students can get access of Live Online Classes + recorded lecture for the same. We provide study material in hard copies & PDFs format to finish their course of Live Lectures in duration of 14 months.
3. Online – Recorded + Live Doubt Classes Program: To understand the problem of working professionals and housewives who are not able to join both the above program, they can get access of our online - Recorded + Live Doubt Classes Program. Here you can get all the facilities such as study material in hard copies + PDFs format will be provided to finish their entire course in 12 months of duration.
Here are some additional facilities given below which are provided for our all students.
- We focus on state-wise bifurcated study material.
- We provide free demo classes online and offline to the aspirants for judicial or other law exams on every Sunday and Wednesday at 10 AM through our official Application.
- Provide exam specific crash course live classes and recorded lecturers through official app which covers the entire process- Prelims, Mains, and Interview.
- Provide all states judiciary special marathon classes and tests series for prelims and mains.
- Class related Bullet notes covers 5 mains &10 prelims questions to practice and answer writing, 500+ booklets (PDFs + hardcopy) of around 30,000 questions to cover prelims and mains.
- Provide mock papers or question papers at our official application/App where you know your nationwide rank and can analysis your weak or strong areas.
In addition, we provide the latest landmark judgments, case laws and monthly current affairs magazines regularly to cover the general awareness part to get sure selection.